There are certain flaws in your Roku media streaming player, which need to be removed as early as possible for its efficient and smooth working. Today, in this blog post, we are going to discuss such flaws related to different channels and its buffering problem and let you know the concrete solution for all these problems. There is no need to visit official www Roku com link for additional help and support.
Now, we are going to explain the steps to fix the buffering problem on your Roku streaming media device. Read all the steps properly and implement them accordingly on your device.
- Restart your streamer: Follow the steps mentioned below to restart your Roku device:
- Turn off the device by unplugging it from the power source.
- Wait for a while.
- Plug back your Roku device by connecting USB cable with power adapter.
- Go to Roku account setup link and enter the account credentials.
This will definitely help you in fixing the buffering problem. If the buffering problem still exists with the specific channel, then it would be better to remove the channel from the Roku channel list.
- Restart the modem.
- Check the speed of your internet connection: To check the speed of your network, you can follow the points mentioned below. The minimum speed recommended to play high-quality contents on TV with Roku player is 10Mbps. you can check your connection speed by:
- Opening the speed test link from the browser.
- Click on ‘speed test’ and start the test.
- This will calculate both the downloading as well as uploading speed of your internet connection and display on the front screen.
Some additional tips for the network:
If you are using a Wi-Fi network at home, then don’t forget to consider the ceilings, floors, and walls of your home that may weaken your signal strength. If the hindrances are more, then place the router and player close to each other. If you have connected multiple devices with the same network, then it can also affect your signal level because the same bandwidth is to be divided among all devices. If everything is ok but there is some problem with the hardware like Roku remote not working or Roku not working, then get assistance from Roku help link.
To get a proper signal, either you can change the bandwidth of your router signal or the frequency of it. For this, you need to call your Router manufacturer for support and assistance.
So, this is all about buffering issues. Now, we are going to mention the steps to re-install or remove the channel from Roku channel list.
1st step: Remove the Roku channel:
Follow the below-mentioned points to remove the channel from the list.
- Go to the home screen of player.
- Go to the channel name that you want to remove from the list.
- Do not press enter.
- Click on asterisk key from the remote and open different options.
- Click on ‘remove’ option from the list of options.
2nd step: Re-add the Roku channel
- Go to home screen and click on ‘search’ icon with the help of remote. Enter the name of the channel in the search field and add it from the top right of the screen.
- Click on ‘add a channel’. This will add the channel to the channel list.
- Now to view the recently added channel, go to home screen and locate the channel from the list with the help of TV remote and click on it. You will be prompted to enter Roku activation code for the channel.
3rd step: Activation:
To enter the Roku code, you need to open the Roku setup page from the web browser and enter the code in the space provided.