Today, in this blog post, we will provide the steps to setup ExpressVPN for your Roku. Firstly, we want to tell you that Roku streaming stick doesn’t have in-built VPN or media streaming functionality. If you want to connect Roku with your VPN network, then you ought to configure your Roku on VPN enabled router.
You will be required to link a Roku account with your home Wi-Fi router in order to start with the setup process, then follow the steps mentioned here in this blog post.
Here we want to mention that if you want to stream the contents that are being broadcasted on the US channels, then you will have to configure your device with the US based Roku account setup before initializing the setup process of configuring Router on Roku streaming stick.
Setting up your VPN-enabled router
Make sure that you are configuring your router according to the US server address because if you have setup your Roku according to the US based contents, then this also needs to be connected on same location IP addresses.
- To start with the setup on your window PC, check whether your computer support creating a virtual router. For this open the command window by typing ‘cmd’. Right click on this window and tap on ‘run as administrator’ icon. If you are using an old version of windows, then open my computer and right click on it. If you see ‘yes’ against the hosted network supported option, then your adapter can easily create a virtual router else update the drivers of your network adapter and try it again.
- Now set up a VPN on your router by following the tutorials available on the official link of your router manufacturer. You can easily find the steps to configure the VPN on VPN enabled router online.
- Ensure that your Roku is properly setup according to the US contents and if you have already done with this step then skip this step. For more information related to setup, you can go to www Roku com link.
- From your VPN connected computer, open the internet browser and type owner. Roku com link in the address bar and setup Roku account.
- Click on ‘United States’ when you are asked for country.
- Enter the Zip code of United States in the next field. It is a five digit number available on the internet.
- Factory reset the Roku streaming stick by clicking on the reset button that is present on the back of your device.
- Hold the reset button for 15 seconds then release it. If your Roku not working this time, then check the power cord of your device whether it is properly connected or not.
- Once your Roku gets started, login to your Roku account with new login credentials. If you are not able to login on this page, then go to www support Roku com link. The expert team members on this official page will guide you properly with concrete solution.
Connect Roku player with the virtual Router
- To connect the Roku player with router, open the Roku home menu and tap on ‘settings’.
- Go to ‘Network’ menu.
- Tap on wireless network. It may sometimes written as ‘Wi-Fi’ in some devices.
- Select ‘virtual router’ from the list of available networks. You can change the name of your router any time.
- You are now required to enter the password for virtual router, then tap on connect.
- You are now connected to the VPN network. You can enjoy streaming contents through media streaming player. If you see Roku HDCP unauthorized content disabled on screen, then check the HDMI cable and connect it properly if you find it loose.