It is quite easy to connect Roku with Harmony remote because it can easily the functionality of the Roku player. Using Roku with the help of Harmony remote will offer a lot more convenience to the Roku users. It is easy to do Roku setup with Harmony. Let us find out more about it in this blog post.
Harmony is a reputed company that is making IR remotes. The company has recently gotten into an association with Roku, which is another top company in the field of digital streaming. Harmony IR Remote is a multipurpose remote with which anything can be operated quite easily. People just need to set the right inputs and the rest of the task will be done by the remote itself.
People who are using Harmony hub-based product at home or office can now use their voice search or enter certain text from the Harmony application for smartphones, so that the process of entering the password or searching for movies can become faster. In order to watch their favorite channels on Roku, they can just tap on the Harmony’s touchscreen remote or in the mobile app of Harmony. If you want to use Harmony with Roku, but don’t know how, then you can log onto www Roku com link website.
It is quite easy to configure Harmony remote with Roku, as there are a few steps to follow. After you are done configuring, you will be able to install any app in your Roku and operate it using Harmony remote. But, you have to make sure that the Roku remote should be in a working position because if Roku remote not working, then this of no use.
Bringing Roku and Harmony together:
- Launch Harmony mobile app followed by connecting to the Harmony hub.
- Go to ‘menu’ > ‘harmony setup’ > ‘add/edit devices & activities’ and ‘devices’.
- Choose ‘add devices’ at the bottom of your mobile’s screen.
- Select ‘entertainment device’ and then, enter the name of the manufacturer, i.e., Roku and the model number.
- Make an activity with your remote and select ‘yes’.
- Answer all the questions that display on the screen. Once you give all the answers, you can build ‘Roku activity’.
- Once you have chosen the selected inputs and devices, Harmony remote will ask you to select a favorite channel.
- After completing all the steps, Harmony will take a full control of the Roku device. You can check more about it at Roku account setup page.
Harmony Hub Control
You can let Harmony hub-based products take a full control of Roku gadget. Here is how you can access everything via Harmony mobile app:
- Go to ‘control’ icon where you can see a list of all Roku buttons that are used on a day-to-day basis.
- You can also use ‘gestures’ option to control all your activities. There are simple swipe gestures that you can use on your smartphone to control volume and other things.
- By selecting ‘favorite’ option, you can play your favorite Roku channels. Switch between channels easily with the remote itself.
- You can select ‘voice and text’ option to control Roku player through your mobile phone.
If you are experiencing a new issue, i.e., Roku not working after you connect to Harmony remote, then you must get in touch with Roku help and support experts. In order to take help, you can go to the official site of the company and explain the issue to them. All in all, Roku works fine with Harmony remote if you set it up in the right way.