Your Roku channel lets you stream the channels of your choice. In these channels, some are free that you can add directly, but for some channels you need to pay some subscription. But at times you don’t seem to be interested in that channel and want to cancel the subscription of that channel, then what to do. Let’s check out.
If you own a Roku streaming device or Roku player, then you might have a Roku account. You Roku account has the linking with the payment method and it allows you to buy the subscriptions for the channels from Roku channel store. The subscription channels can directly be canceled or managed from the Roku device itself. Roku Help can be taken to know about the channels subscriptions.
There are some important things about the channel subscription that you must keep in mind:
- Some channels offer free trail and after that trial finishes, they get added to your subscription and you are billed for that. To avoid such a situation, you must cancel that channel within trail period.
- Subscriptions are at auto-renew, non-refundable, and pre-paid. When you cancel any subscription, it will not come under effect until next renewal date and you will be able to access that channel till then.
- If you purchase subscription directly from service provider, then you need to contact them for managing the subscriptions not the experts at Roku Com Link.
From Roku Streaming Device
Follow these steps to manage or cancel the subscriptions of your channel from your Roku streaming device:
- Press home on your remote to open the main screen.
- Now locate and access the options for subscription in one of the following ways:
From Home Screen
- To open the Home screen, select the option of home.
- By using the arrow button on your remote highlight the subscription channel.
- Press the star button on your remote.
From Roku Channel Store
- To access the channel store, scroll down and select streaming channels.
- Now browse any category or genre, or search for a subscription channel.
- Press the OK button on your remote.
- Once you access the options, select the option of manage subscription to view the renewal date and additional access options.
- To unsubscribe, select the option of Cancel Subscription. Give confirmation by choosing to remove the channel immediately or keep it for the remainder of the subscription term. In case of any difficulty you can visit www Roku Com Support.
From the Web
Follow these steps to cancel or manage the subscription of your channels form the web:
- Go to my Roku Com on your PC, laptop, or smartphone.
- If prompted sig in to your Roku account.
- Click on the option of Manage your subscriptions.
- When the page of My subscriptions loads, you will get the list of all the channels along with the subscriptions that get billed by Roku along with their terms, status, and renewal date of each subscription. All the subscriptions that were directly purchased from the service provider or otherwise purchased outside of the Roku channel store will not be listed here. Only the subscriptions purchased from Roku channel store will be here.