You can fill the TV screen with moving or non-moving images by setting up the screensaver when your Roku streaming device is not in use. You can set the image of your choice and change it anytime. Read the article and know how you can change the Roku screensaver .
A screensaver is an application that fills the TV screen with moving patterns or images when you are not using your Roku streaming device. Screensavers are originally designed to prevent the phosphor burn-in on older televisions, but are now used primarily for the entertainment. Changing the screensaver is one of the ways of personalizing your Roku experience. Many screensavers are included your Roku device while others can be bought or downloaded for free from the Roku channel store.
How to find and install the screensavers?
You can find the new screensavers in the screensaver category of the Roku channel store. This is the only way of finding and installing the screensavers on your Roku device.
How do Screensavers menu can be accessed on your Roku device?
Follow these steps or instructions for accessing the screensaver menu on your Roku device:
- Press home button on your remote to open the main screen.
- Scroll up and down and select the option of settings.
- Now choose the option of screensavers for opening the screensavers menu.
- Once the menu of screensaver is opened, use the steps below to change or modify the current screensaver and also define the wait time with it.
Changing the Screensaver
Follow these steps for changing the screensaver of your Roku streaming device:
- Select the option of screensavers.
- Now highlight any screensaver from the list and select Preview for a glimpse of how it will appear on the screen.
- When additional settings are available, then you select Custom settings to make minor adjustments to the highlighted screensaver. For viewing the effect of any changes, you will need to select the option of Preview.
- When you are finished previewing choices, highlight the screensaver name and press OK on your remote for saving the changes.
- One thing that is to noted is that a check mark will appear next to the screensaver that has been selected currently.
Defining the wait time
Follow these instructions or steps for defining the wait time for your screensaver that has been selected by you:
- Firstly, select the option of wait time.
- Choose the amount of time on which your Roku device will wait before starting the screensaver or choosing the option for disabling the screensaver.
- Press the button of OK on your Roku remote.